Monday, June 25, 2007

A Lady From Lanka.

Click on the image to get Full-view.

A really good way of 'self-intro' in a poetic narration.

I have never been used to Tamil, though "Tamil" was my Second Language since my Grade 5,

I always had difficulty in pronouncing and spelling tamil words correctly, "Pizai" as my teacher used to call those mistakes.

And i am really thankful and grateful to all my Tamil teachers at school, they really supported me and corrected me patiently, i am amazed at that part.

And these words (in the Poem up there) up there were kind of that i read few of them last time in a half-a-decade or so, and i am happy that i can still comprehend those words (though it took me a great deal of time to makeout those words' meaning), i admired the way those words were put in order - brilliant..!!

I learnt from her blog, that the lady was a 'Tamil-Lankan' - she should have atleast done a doctrate in Tamil to use such rare words - or may be "Tamil in TamilNadu" has become a kind of mixture of dialects and this "Lankan Tamil" still seems fresh and original.

Looks a classic to me. :)

and the name of the lady out there sound familiar, hmmmmm..!! -well not really.

I have one of my good friends by the same name.

No comments: