Saturday, January 27, 2007

Over Voltage..!

Have you ever thought of how exciting and challenging are jobs..Like, making Wild-Life Documentaries.. Being in Air-Force.. making a Sci-Fi movie..or at least being a Software Engineer..
well.. forget about the last part..!!
I was so much excited and fired up on friday evening that i would have behaved like Ganguly on winning Nat-West... I would have ripped off my pants(errrr... sorry it was to be T-Shirt) and waved it with a scream.."I ve completed my very first Module alloted to me..!!"
It was such a odd behaviour of me , i felt that i was an ISO-CERTIFIED 'Fool'..

Let me tell you what actually happened..

I was given a my first ever module in my project, and that was to be completed on 19th of this month.. But due to my bad understanding on the structure of code.. i was helpless,frustated and dumb..My builds began to fail evertime i tried.. i had dragged it till 25th without any success till then.. i was feeling completely lost.. sometimes i even felt.. What the Hell is happening here.. Why am i here at this Place ..!!
..'How stupid i am..?' i thought.. i was about to scream and tear my head apart.. Take a Spas Gun and Blow up my PC.. A sudden Flash bolted across my mind... may be it was the same feeling that Archimedes had when he uttered "EUREKA..!!" ..
I just sensed the reason behind my builds' failing... I tried changing a part of code.. and built the code again... Kazzzamba..!!-- The Buid was a SUCCESS..!!!
I was so much excited that i stood up and shouted to myself and punched in air... "Hey, My build is perfect,it's working fine..!!"-- Just to realise my stupidity.. All peple around me were looking at me in a strange manner as if i m an Alien from Outer Space.. and i turned to see my Manager.. He was giving me a sore stare..!!.. "Shit".. i thought.. i must have contolled my excitement.. It might have been due to some 'Over-Voltage' effect.. i guess...
At times earlier i felt.. "It would be a lot better to shoot a documentary movie on MeerKats than to be a software guy..An Electrical guy at a Software industry.. The most Tragic thing you would ever hear of..
I m Sick of this..!!.. "

But, my confidence is on high now...I said to myself, "Madar, You have Completed your first given module.. and forget about the over-voltage effet.. those people wont understand.."

P.S Note:
This post was not aimed at demotivating anyone entering Software industry.. :}

No comments: